Ride Like a Girl is an initiative to get more women/girls into mountain biking and let them experience the joy it can bring. Everyone is welcome to join us on the FIRST Thursday of the month March through August. We generally meet at Mad Dog Cycles in Orem at 5:30 pm, but see postings for more details.

29 April 2011

It is almost May

Ride Like a Girl is next week, May 5th. Start thinking warm, sunny thoughts for Thursday afternoon and evening. And put a stop to any rain dancing you might see.
I was thinking that Lambert Park might be a good choice, but they are shutting down a lane of traffic between Lindon and American Fork. Do you think that will have a substantial impact on travel time to the trail head? Who lives up there? We can always hit Lambert next month. I was also thinking Dutch Hollow, but heard it might still be wet. It is definitely spring in UT!
So needless to say I am thinking about it. If you have thoughts, ideas, or preferences let me know. Otherwise I will continue to stew for a bit and hopefully make a decision early next week.
Hope to see you there!
Where? Mad Dog Cycles in Orem
When? 5:30 pm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take state street to the purple turtle and then go towards AF Canyon. At the mouth of the canyon go left then take the first stop light and turn right. It is much quicker than taking I-15, and then you can avoid any road closures.

Kendra

amberutah said...

I live in Highland so I don't want to drive up to Orem just to drive back to Alpine. What time do you think you will be at Lambert Park? Which parking lot?

KC said...

If you live up North and I totally understand not wanting to drive south just to return. So let me know that you are coming, then I can be sure to bring a waiver. And of course, please be sure to have a helmet. thanks!

amberutah said...

I will be there and yes, I will bring a helmet:0) I am going to try and get some other girls to come but they live up north as well so I need to know which lambert park trailhead and time. Should we just meet you guys at the t.h that has the covered picnic tables and the outhouse at 6:15? I can let you know wednesday night how many girls I recruit to come so you can bring waivers.
Amber