Ride Like a Girl is an initiative to get more women/girls into mountain biking and let them experience the joy it can bring. Everyone is welcome to join us on the FIRST Thursday of the month March through August. We generally meet at Mad Dog Cycles in Orem at 5:30 pm, but see postings for more details.

01 July 2011

July!

After thoroughly enjoying your Independence Day celebration, join me on Thursday for Ride Like a Girl. We are going to ride Big Springs/South Fork. This will be ideal as it is higher up (i.e. cooler) but still close.
Meet at Mad Dog Cycles on Thursday July 7th @ 5:30 pm. We will then carpool up the canyon to the trail head.
Additionally, we have been extended an opportunity to get a group discount on a Skills Camp. Anyone interested? They are holding some in UT and CO. See the schedule here.
And I was thinking of doing a gear swap? Do you have MTB gear or clothes just hanging around that you want to get rid of? If so, we could meet up and trade items. I know I have lots of old jersey (not chamois though that is kinda gross) and what not that I don't wear anymore but don't feel DI is the best place for them. Let me know if you are interested.

10 comments:

courtneyb said...

I am really interested in joining you guys and moving from the road to the trail but I don't have a mtn bike. Does mad dog rent them out or do you have a recommendation on where I could get one?

KC said...

Mad Dog used to have rentals, but I am not sure if they still do. How tall are you? I have a few bikes in my stable and I would be willing to let you borrow one if it fits.

Anonymous said...

Mad Dog has rentals on demo models. Not sure of the cost, but what you pay in the rental fee will go toward the purchase of a mountain bike.

courtneyb said...

I'm 5'8. If you don't mind letting me borrow one that would be great, otherwise I'll just give them a call and find out prices. thank you :)

KC said...

All my bikes are smalls. I am 5'2". I can bring a Superfly or Hi-Fi (26" wheels). It might be a tight fit though.

KC said...

For a couple of reasons, it might be best to do a gear swap next month. This will give everyone a better chance to scrounge up what they are wanting to exchange. And I know that many are going to be on a tight schedule that night. But it looks like there is interest and that i what I wanted to know.

kochris said...

This will be my first time riding with you guys, what besides my normal riding accessories (camel pak items) do you recommend I need. This is my first summer trail riding and honestly I don't even have a tool set on my bike

KC said...

kochris, really all you are going to need is a helmet, spare tube, and water. I would recommend stiff shoes, riding gloves, and tools. But don't go purchase anything for the ride. I always have tools, pump, tire levers, and the essentials for most trail fixes. Excited to have you join us.

kochris said...

I am planning to join this group on Thursday, but this is my first time. I have done some trail riding but not a lot. What should I have on me besides my water and whatever items I bring in my camel pak. I don't have any bike tools for example.

KC said...

Kochris, see response the comment from yesterday.