Ride Like a Girl is an initiative to get more women/girls into mountain biking and let them experience the joy it can bring. Everyone is welcome to join us on the FIRST Thursday of the month March through August. We generally meet at Mad Dog Cycles in Orem at 5:30 pm, but see postings for more details.

23 February 2009

Ride Like a Girl minus the ride. On March 5th(that being the first Thursday in March) we are going to have the first Ride Like a Girl. It is going to be more of a pre-ride actually. Bring your bike and you can learn how and do some minor maintenance or "trail fixes".
It is going to be at Mad Dog in Orem at 6:00. Be there a bit early so we can actually start at 6 pm. You are going to be working on your bike, so dress appropriately and bring your bike tools that you would or should be carrying with you during rides--tire levers, multi-tool, pump, etc. Let me know if you plan on coming (leave a quick comment), so I can have a general idea number wise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a beginner, but would like to come. I don't have tools. Do I need to purchase them?

KC said...

I believe that every cyclist should have tools. For Thursday, I can cover you, but we will discuss the importance of having what you need. Then you can decide if you want purchase them.

Hope to see you there.

Anonymous said...

I am planning to be there. Maybe one other girl,too.

patty said...

i am planning on coming with tiffany. see you there.

29er said...

I'm coming but I'll be a little late.
Jolene

Anonymous said...

KC-
You gave a great clinic tonight. I will enjoy not being totally helpless when I ride w/out my husband! Thanks so much. -Gayle