Ride Like a Girl is an initiative to get more women/girls into mountain biking and let them experience the joy it can bring. Everyone is welcome to join us on the FIRST Thursday of the month March through August. We generally meet at Mad Dog Cycles in Orem at 5:30 pm, but see postings for more details.

08 March 2010

It's Back

I am bringing this site out of hibernation. It was a long rough winter and I am excited to be riding. Yes, Ride Like a Girl is going to happen again this year. It is still on the first Thursday, but I bumped up the time a bit. I figure if we meet at 5:30 we should be leaving by the shop by 6 pm. This will give us more time to really ride. If you have a tough time getting to Mad Dog by this time just leave a comment and I will work with you. I don't want this change to exclude anyone!

The first meeting though is going to be a prep. On March 18th (not the first Thursday, obviously), I am going to do a recap of simple bike maintenance. This is going to be minor things that may happen while out on the trail. Just simple things like fixing a flat, a broken chain, adjusting brakes, etc. I need to check with the shop on time. I will update shortly.

This will be a great time to get your bike out and give it a once over. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

YAY! Super excited