Ride Like a Girl is an initiative to get more women/girls into mountain biking and let them experience the joy it can bring. Everyone is welcome to join us on the FIRST Thursday of the month March through August. We generally meet at Mad Dog Cycles in Orem at 5:30 pm, but see postings for more details.

19 May 2010

May 20th

Okay, so technically the advanced Ride Like a Girl is supposed to be on Thursday. But I am bailing. Let me give my excuse and then some options though.
My excuse: I got a new bike. It is really, really sweet. But I am terrible at riding it. Really! I switched from grip shift which calls for a simple flick of the wrist to Sram trigger shifters. And before the grip shift, I rode Shimano. The point being I cannot remember which thumb lever goes up and which goes down under pressure. Needless to say, I need to get this down by the weekend's ICUP race. So when the Weekly Race Series announced they were again moving their Wednesday night race to Thursday, I realized that I needed to opt out of Ride Like a Girl so that I can practice in a race format.
Option 1: That being said I know there a few of you, okay more like several of you, are likely going to be doing the Weekly Race Series anyway. And if you have never done one of these, I would highly recommend it. It is a great, laid-back atmosphere to try your legs at racing.
Option 2: Mad Dog Cycles hosts a group ride on Thursdays. This week the Hodnetts--Tim and Jen--are hosting it. So there is still a group ride taking place and you don't have to worry about being the only girl, because Jen will be there. These are really laid back and you will fit in just fine.
There you have it. I will do Ride Like a Girl for sure on June 3rd even if the mid-week race gets bumped again for weather.
See you on the trails. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always fun making sure you are shifting in the right direction.

See ya' at the race and on the 3rd.

Kendra