Ride Like a Girl is an initiative to get more women/girls into mountain biking and let them experience the joy it can bring. Everyone is welcome to join us on the FIRST Thursday of the month March through August. We generally meet at Mad Dog Cycles in Orem at 5:30 pm, but see postings for more details.

06 June 2010

Big Springs

Andrea, Jolene, Kathy, Janalyn, and Jessika joined my on Thursday for a lap or two at Big Springs. The weather was ideal. It was warm in the valley, but a bit chilly getting ready. I even tossed some arm warmers in my jersey pockets just in case. I did not need them though.
We stopped at the road crossing and practiced unwaiting the front wheel and/or bunny hopping a small log. Everyone made the first steep section past the road. We regrouped before the descent and before entering the meadow.
It was a great group. I took some pictures, but they were with my phone so some of them did not turn out so well.




No comments: