Ride Like a Girl is an initiative to get more women/girls into mountain biking and let them experience the joy it can bring. Everyone is welcome to join us on the FIRST Thursday of the month March through August. We generally meet at Mad Dog Cycles in Orem at 5:30 pm, but see postings for more details.

28 August 2011

Are you coming on September 1st?

I know school has started for the kiddos and summer seems like it is over. But can you fit in one last Ride Like a Girl? That is the question. If you can let me know. If not then I won't worry about it. I can use the rest, but could incorporate a ride if there are takers.

"What ride?" you ask. Great question. Here is where my thoughts and ideas had led me. We would meet around 7 or 7:30 pm either at the trail head for Big Springs or Timp Park for the gear swap*. After 30-60 minutes or however long it takes, we will get the bikes together, lights situated, and hit the trail as it gets dark.

Night riding? Lights? Yep. Riding in the dark with lights is an awesome experience. It is crazy fun. If you want to ride, but you don't have lights let me know. I have extras but will need to charge them if they are going to be borrowed. Plus I need to know to bring them. I will need at least 24 hour notice to ensure they get charged and are ready to go. Leave a comment.





But really I need to know so I can plan my rest/training for the week. Thoughts?


*Gear Swap? So I have accumulated items that I don't need or use. For example, I have some old riding shoes, jerseys, vests, tire levers, etc. That just sit around my house/drawers/shelves. I am going to bring them and if anyone wants them, they can take them. I imagine you might have some similar stuff. Extras that are just cluttering things up. Bring them and see if anyone is interested. One girl's "junk" is another girl's "treasure".

5 comments:

Heather said...

I can't go because I have church stuff that I have to attend. :( But I do have stuff I can give to swap if you girls do have the ride. But I am up for night riding/early morning anytime if anyone wants to go!!!! Call me whenever!

Liz said...

I'll be there for the gear swap (7:30 is better for me), but I can't stay for the ride. By the way, I think the gear swap is a GREAT idea.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I'm out. I crashed a week ago, hurt my arm, and haven't been able to ride. I was really hoping to come to this one. Bummer.- Patty

KC said...

Gear Swap Timpanogos Park @ 7:30 pm. Ride soon after.

KC said...

Cancelled. Let's try again! Join or start the discussion on facebook. See http://www.facebook.com/pages/MTB-Ride-Like-a-Girl/152246808165643.